Job Description: BIM Manager
This position is assigned to a federal government agency and includes performing a variety of tasks associated with Agency’s Building Information Modeling and Management (BIM) initiative as part of NIBS BIM Program team. BIM Manager duties include assisting the agency in identifying BIM requirements for projects, performing reviews of BIM and related document submittals on projects in process and working with the NIBS BIM Team to develop the Agency BIM Program. Duties also include supporting preparation of specific studies, preparation of presentations materials, representation at meetings and workshops, review of technical literature and research, and serve as a technical liaison where assigned.
Nature and Scope of Work:
This position reports to the Executive Director, Building Information Management. The position is assigned to and receives management direction on tasks from the Agency. Documented and demonstrated ability to interface with Federal Government and construction industry constituents, and other entities associated with the Institute’s goals and services is essential to the position. Participation on project teams contributing expertise in BIM to perform assigned tasks to meet deadlines is important.
The duties assigned to the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide advice and assistance to all levels of Agency staff and management on a wide range of tasks associated with BIM.
- Participate in Agency project development and review process and coordinate appropriate review findings, metrics, outcomes, and recommendations for the use of BIM and model-based deliverables under the direct supervision of and guidance by Agency staff and in coordination with the appropriate Agency Project Team.
- Coordinate appropriate review findings, metrics, outcomes and recommendations on the use of BIM with NIBS BIM team and work with NIBS BIM Team to develop and implement new and innovative methods as identified in the Agency BIM Roadmap in support of Agency objectives and strategies.
- Support training needs, presentation of training, development of supplemental training materials as needed, and fielding of ad-hoc troubleshooting and coaching requests in support of BIM and Digital Design Review (DDR) efforts.
- Attend professional meetings, seminars, and training courses to maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of technical advances and applications.
- Obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Occasional travel for facility site tours and/or in person meetings.
- Ability to work from Agency’s office in the Washington, DC metro area as required when office return is feasible.
- BIM utilization competency with a minimum of 5 years of experience developing models.
- Knowledge of the practices and techniques of Geospatial (GIS) tools, Automated facilities management systems, Computer-Aided Design (CAD) technologies, Design review and Project management applications desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Construction Management and work experience with Building Information Modeling software and processes required.
- Writing and communication skills (reports, correspondence, proposals, conference presentations, etc.).
- Experience with computer word processing, scheduling, spreadsheets, data base applications and media.
- Team, agile and adaptable work skill.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation and benefits provided
- Please apply by email to email@example.com with a cover letter and resume that identifies relevant experience.