There is no other place where everyone who impacts the built environment comes together to find solutions. This year, BI2021 is even bigger. Anyone within the building industry is invited to attend. Sessions will cover a spectrum of developments in the areas of workplace, technology, resilience, and the challenges that COVID-19 brings to the built environment.Virtual Meeting
This course will discuss considerations for the holistic design and construction of durable, long-lasting structures that are sustainable, safe and resilient. A building's primary goal is to protect the lives, lifestyles and livelihoods of its occupants. Precast concrete has numerous qualities that can help buildings perform efficiently and offer occupants and communities healthy, flexible and useful spaces that can be effectively utilized over many years. Attendees will have the chance to see and hear case studies of projects that used precast concrete for durability, resilience, and sustainability, and examine important qualities and attributes to consider when specifying the material.
- Define the concepts of resilience and sustainability with a focus on holistic design and long-term, lifecycle performance.
- Analyze how material choices made impact the safety and wellbeing of occupants over the life of the building and future design concepts.
- Explore opportunities where sustainability, resilience, durability and efficiency intersect.
- Identify how precast, prestressed concrete can contribute to designs that are sustainable, efficient, durable and resilient enough to protect the lives, livelihoods and lifestyles of occupants and communities.
- Examine case studies of sustainable, resilient and safe projects that effectively utilized precast concrete to achieve their goals.
Greenbuild is the world's largest conference and expo dedicated to green building. The ideals and passion of the green building community come alive at Greenbuild. The buzz is contagious. Greenbuild brings together industry leaders, experts and frontline professionals dedicated to sustainable building in their everyday work, and a unique energy is sparked. Participants are invigorated. Inspired. They find themselves equipped to return to their jobs with a renewed passion and purpose.Washington, DC